Most Items IN STOCK FOR QUICK DELIVERY!
ORDER NOW and Enjoy the Beautiful Outdoors
Many items on Sale, Great Selection, Premium Quality
Grade A Quality Premium Teak Patio Furniture from GoldenTeak.com
- Goldenteak Uses Premium Quality Grade A Teak Wood, Plantation Grown, FSC Certified. Some companies do not specify the origin of their wood, or that their furniture is manufactured in China or India. 90% of the wood used in the manufacture of Teak products in China, India, Thailand or Vietnam comes from Burma (Myanmar). Most of the teak harvest is not legal since commercial logging of teak was banned in Burma in 2014 because deforestation caused mudslides, floods etc. and ecological chaos due to lack of plantation planning. Passing it through a third party like China, India, Thailand or Vietnam may hide the origin of the wood, but does take away the responsibility from several large publicly traded US companies that engage in this underhanded practice. Since 1996 Goldenteak has only used plantation grown teak wood sustainably harvested and therefore ecologically friendly.
- We use thick sections for arms, table tops, benches and chairs, with NO fingerjointing. Thicker or wider than most competitors.
- We machine manufacture our products (tight tolerances, interchangeability) with mortise and tenon joinery using teak dowels
- We use Brass or Stainless Steel Hardware for exposed sections and weather resistant hardware throughout
- Goldenteak provides Premium Teak Patio Furniture with a Natural Fine Sanded Finish and No Coatings. Companies that provide Teak Patio Furniture with a "Weathered Stain Finish", or "Pre oiled for your convenience" are most likely using inferior quality teak wood (not Grade A), and using a bleaching and staining process to make the poor quality wood look presentable. It is not for "your benefit or convenience", but to aid their bottom line.
- Therefore, we can offer an excellent warranty and easy customer service.
- Goldenteak is noted for its quality and its impeccable service - please take a look at our Reviews and also Customer Photos (which show you Goldenteak Teak Patio, Outdoor Garden and Bath products in use at actual homes or businesses)
- Goldenteak provides Premium Teak Furniture
DO NOT BE FOOLED by unscrupulous retailers who mislead you to think something is made of Teak Wood by using terms like "Teak Look" (which is pine or lower grade wood colored to look like teak wood), "Tekwood" - which is plastic resin colored to look like wood, and makes you think it is a spelling mistake, or others who cite articles as their claim to fame - without letting you know that the articles were written 17 years ago.
Some competitors are touting their quality as "Best in the US". This is misleading and not truthful. . Goldenteak provides Grade A Teak, with superior manufacturing. Grade A teak comes from the heart of the tree (Heartwood), as opposed to Grade C which come from the outer layers (Sapwood). The Sapwood is much lighter, more porous, and is prone to insect damage and decay. Further, the Sapwood is not as strong as the Heartwood (which is what Goldenteak uses). Goldenteak can provide a 5 Year warranty on teak, because we know our teak is Grade A, strong and will last. Grade A teak is also more uniform, and has a beautiful golden brown color. Teak C grade Sapwood (which Goldenteak does not use) cost less than half of the Heartwood (Grade A Teak). In Indonesia, they cannot give this grade C teak wood away. Goldenteak never has used anything less than Grade A since 1996. Our unapologetic pride is in providing you with Premium Teak, Superior Manufacturing and a Superior Warranty at a Reasonable price. Here are some example comparisons. The picture of a table from an online competitor on the right shows BAD QUALITY TEAK (full of Sapwood). The picture on the left from Goldenteak shows what GOOD QUALITY TEAK looks like. While no two pieces of wood are alike, good quality teak wood is color matched. At Goldenteak we always provide you with Premium Quality Teak Wood Furniture at the best possible prices.
Other sites may say "At no extra cost our furniture comes finished with a hard wearing acrylic stain that protects the wood from mold & mildew and maintains the beautiful golden teak color." This really means that they used poor cheap wood, stained it and gave it a finish to make it look presentable and saleable. GOOD TEAK IS ALWAYS SOLD UNFINISHED, FINE SANDED. BEAUTIFUL GRADE A Teak Wood does not need staining or painting. Grade A Teak lasts, as evidenced by its use for maritime oceanic purposes, from a causual Country house to Westminster Abbey. Classic Grade A Teak costs more, and that is all we carry in our Golden Teak Warehouse.
Bad quality from Cheaper competition - note the lighter sapwood, non uniformity. We have NEVER seen such bad quality being offered for sale. BAD QUALITY TEAK.
GRADE C WOOD CAMOUFLAGED WITH STAIN SAMPLE.
Some Sellers try to take bad quality teak (Grades B/C) and make it look like good quality with a stain or coating. Some times these sellers also provide a touch up kit to make the dowels to make the dowels match their stain. Grade B/C Quality teak is 40 to 60% cheaper in Indonesia, and has a host of problems down the road. Basically it is bad cheap wood camouflaged to make it look better. Sap wood is porous and does not last long, nor is it as strong.
What makes our teak patio furniture and other teak products superior to the competition?
All GOLDENTEAKTM brand products provide excellent quality at reasonable prices. Below is a consumer fact sheet with information on quality specifications for teak patio furniture or indoor furniture. Please call us at (978) 689 4041 for any additional questions. Pictures showing the quality of our teak furniture can be found at the bottom of this page.
GOLDENTEAK products never use fingerjointing in our chairs and benches. Fingerjointing is when smaller sections of wood are used to create a larger piece. This is most often used in curved sections, or on the back leg of benches where there may be a slight contour. Fingerjointing does save the manufacturer and the seller money, but it also results in a weaker joint and non matching colors at the joint. If you oil your bench, or stain it, or polyurethane it, you will find that the fingerjointed sections show marked contrast. We have noticed a of manufacturers and retailers are selling fingerjointed product and wanted you to be aware. You can read more about this here.
Goldenteak Products not only use Premium Teak Wood and Premium Manufacturing methods - we also make our products substantial - using thick sections of wood for load bearing timbers, thick table tops and thick frames for our chairs. Take a look at the pictures below the next specification section - please.
GOLDENTEAKTM brand products conform to the following quality specifications:
A) TEAK WOOD - SOLID, GRADE A. All GOLDENTEAKTM brand products are made of Solid Grade A Teak Wood sustainably harvested from renewable Government Plantations in Indonesia (perum perhutani, harvested at 20 year cycles, first planted by Dutch Colonists about 200 years ago). We use solid pieces of wood (rather than fingerjointed sections) for all our construction.
B) KILN DRIED. All Solid Grade A Teak Wood used in GOLDENTEAKTM brand products is kiln dried to a moisture content of 8 - 12%. This process is vastly superior to Air Drying offered by others. Kiln Drying ensures wood dryness at the core (not just the surface) and therefore reduces cracking, splitting and warpage - important considerations when shopping for teak patio furniture.
C) MORTISE AND TENON JOINERY. All GOLDENTEAKTM brand products use Mortise and Tenon joinery in their construction. This is the most superior of all construction methods, resulting in solid durability. The Tenons are secured in the Mortises with Teak Dowels or screws as appropriate.
D) MACHINE MADE. All GOLDENTEAKTM brand products are Fully machine made. Machine made construction is about 50% more expensive in Indonesia, since it requires investment in machines and stricter process control. Fully Machine Made is superior to partially machine made as well as hand made. Fully machine made product allows for part interchangeability and easier assembly. Machine made products are more precise, and allow Goldenteak to ship these products Flat Pack Assembled, and have replacement parts that fit when you may experience shipping damage.
E) FLAT PACK ASSEMBLED. GOLDENTEAKTM brand products are Flat Pack Assembled where possible. This method of delivery ensures less shipping damage, and reduces shipping costs, shipping being charged based on Actual Weight rather than Dimensional Weight. The San Francisco Benches and Plantation Benches are shipped preassembled, since curved sections are hard for end consumers to assemble easily.
F) SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION FOR TABLE TOPS. All GOLDENTEAKTM brand Tables have fingerjointed construction at the joints. This produces a more solid Table Top, and is considered the best practice for Table Top construction.
HOW WE MEASURE UP....
Here are some Teak Dining Table examples - click on image for larger display.
Here is an example from our Teak Adirondack Chair
Thanks for your interest in Teak Patio Furniture and Garden Furniture from Goldenteak.com where we provide GOLDENTEAKTM Solid Grade A Kiln Dried Teak Wood Products. Teak Chairs, Tables, Loungers, Benches, Indoor Furniture and Teak Outdoor Furniture are all available at competitive prices. We also carry cushions for all the products in our inventory.
Please see some pictures below that give you a glimpse of our quality. The items shown have been lightly Teak Oiled. Pictures were taken at a customer site.